Welcome to OP3 – your link to Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) and IWK Health Centre policies. This site provides ready access to the most up-to-date policies and procedures for your area.
If your area/facility uses paper copies of policies, it is important that you ensure you are using the most up-to-date version by checking on this site.
IWK Health Centre (IWK)
IWK staff can find policies under the IWK icon as always.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA)
· All Policies/Procedures/Guidelines/Protocols/SOPs applicable to NSHA will continue to be accessible through this provincial policy webpage (OP3);
· Where a NSHA Policy has been approved, it will be the applicable policy for all services, programs and facilities within the NSHA;
· Until new/applicable policies are developed for the NSHA, staff should refer to those that previously applied within their geographic location (former DHA) where the policies are to be applied.
Refer to the recently approved NSHA Policy Framework policy AD-AO-001 for further information.
To search for a specific policy or procedure:
- use the navigation links on the top or on the left-side of the page
- click the Policy Search icon to search using a key word/phrase
- click the Policy Manuals icon to search through the individual manuals
Thank you. If you have questions, please contact us at the email below.